Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Stuck In a Rut

Hey all!

So it's been about 2 1/2 months since I last wrote...part of that was due to our big vacation to Disney, but much of it was just due to apathy.

The name of this blog is The Favorite Movie Tournament. It was supposed to be a 10th anniversary extravaganza, and then I just let it go. A pox on myself (by not on my house...Rosie and Grace don't deserve any poxes).

The biggest thing in my way is sheer repetition...I know what my favorite movie is, and I don't know if there's enough variation in 10 years to change that. Which leaves me with a quandary...what should I do?

Some possibilities:

- Run the tournament again...if it ends up being Young Frankenstein again, that's fine. The seeding may well be different, and it may end up in a match it doesn't win, and another film rises to the top.

- Revisit the original tournament...rewrite the original discussion and invite more discussion from my readers.

- Something completely different that I haven't thought of.

I really would like input from you guys out there...what do you all think?

Also, there was discussion with someone about possibly doing a film-themed podcast, which I still think would be a great idea. Maybe whatever this tournament becomes could be somehow incorporated into that...?

Until next time (which I promise will be sooner)!

PS - Congrats to "The Shape of Water"!

No comments:

Post a Comment